Here’s what we’re watching ahead of Monday’s opening bell.
- U.S. stock futures wavered, indicating that markets could make muted moves after closing near record levels last week.
- Futures tied to the S&P 500 edged up 0.1%. The index rose to its second-highest close in history Friday after the monthly employment report showed the labor market continued its slow recovery in May. Futures on the Nasdaq-100 ticked down 0.1%, pointing to mild declines in large technology stocks. Read our full market wrap here.
What’s Coming Up
- U.S. consumer credit figures are out at 3 p.m. ET.
- Earnings are due after the close from
Market Movers to Watch
shares soared 45% premarket. The Food & Drug Administration approved Ryplazim for treatment of patients with plasminogen deficiency type 1, which is the company’s first drug approval. The FDA said this is the first approved treatment for the rare genetic disorder.
jumped 22%. Blackstone’s infrastructure unit, together with its nontraded real-estate investment trust, known as BREIT, have agreed to buy QTS for $78 a share, the companies plan to announce Monday.
shares slipped 0.5% ahead of the bell. The electric-car maker is pulling the plug on its Model S Plaid Plus electric car,
said Sunday, because the regular Plaid is “so good.”
shares gained 1.8%. The vaccine maker said it filed for a conditional marketing approval for its Covid-19 shot in adolescents with the European Medicines Agency.
- Several of the “meme stocks” popular with retailer traders were nudging higher premarket.
added 1.9% and
- U.S.-stock funds tracked by Refinitiv Lipper (including mutual funds and exchange-traded funds) squeaked out an average return of 0.5% in May, to push their gains for the year to 14.2%. It was the seventh straight monthly gain for U.S.-stock funds.
- Brent crude prices on Friday reached their highest settle value since May 2019 at $71.89 a barrel.
Chart of the Day
- Scams are running rampant in the cryptocurrency markets as a huge rally in bitcoin, a lack of regulation and the anonymity of digital money have created a ripe environment for fraudsters.
Must Reads Since You Went to Bed
Copyright ©2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8